Wednesday, December 28, 2005

gas

so i'm gassing up the jeep this am at the local luke oil
swipe the credit card, hit cheapest grade button, and insert hose
i run inside for a cup of bland green mountain and say hello to esther the friendly gas station attendant
i return to my car with a million thoughts running thru my mind...am i late for work, should i hop on the blue route or take back roads, what's happening at work today, janis is out sick, and what am i doing new year's eve
i pull away and THUG....
oh my....did i hit someone?
oh no...the gas hose and nozzle is still in my car
i get out and assess the situation and part of the gas hose and nozzle are hanging from the jeep
at first i panicked thinking i would be sprayed with gasoline but the gas hose is equipped to disconnect for morons like me
i went back in and told esther what happened...she called the mechanic man and he re-attached the gas hose to the pump and laughed at me
i went on my way

my dad called me right after this occurred...he cackled and said in nascar i would be penalized a few laps

6 Comments:

Blogger akjn westside said...

poor sweetie...too much on your mind...that is a total nascar move!
not a moron move-ak has seen it happen more than once :)

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopped a guy from doing that same thing a few months ago. You'll never do that again.

2:42 PM  
Blogger PokerPro said...

Oh, she will definitely do it again!! Nice move CNN! I would love to get a copy of the gas station parking lot surveliance video!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need a beer - relax sunshine

7:00 PM  
Blogger akjn westside said...

can we get the video...I want to see Esther...

8:24 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

refer back to my previous comment a month or so ago about women drivers......

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home