Monday, July 09, 2007

mom and dad




i spent saturday with mom and dad in west grove pa

we watched wimbledon and golf on the big sony hd tv that takes up the entire "gathering room"
it's great

mom and dad had a little microsoft outlook problem so i phoned a friend and charles beebe was so kind to assist
mom says "is he a geek?"
i answer "yes"
their emails were set to "preview" so when they hit inbox all the emails appeared to be opened...they thought someone was hacking into their outlook

after tech time my dad and i went to the dansko outlet
he's been curious about danskos for a long time but uncertain if he was the clog type
he tried on some white clogs but i told him they were for nurses
he grabbed a light blue pair
i didn't know what to say
he then discovered sandals and tried on the "distressed brown" sandals
"do i wear these with socks?"
"no dad...take those socks off and let your feet breathe"

my dad wears white socks and mr.rodger sneakers everyday
he says they are "jimmy buffet sneaks" from margaritaville wherever that is...

the euro sizes threw him off a bit but we eventually found a nice fit
off my dad went to the cash register with his first pair of sandals at age 72
$50
($130 if perfect)

"can i wear them home"
"sure dad...put those bad boys on"
"wait till your mother sees them" ...giggle

i then wanted to take my dad out to lunch but he said he wasn't really hungry and didn't want to leave my mom for too long so we pulled through the dq drive-thru for a treat
(speaking of dq...chuck you owe me $50 cause there was a dq in media across from the old hill's seafood)
me and my dad got swirled cones and brought a dilly bar home for booty

my dad wore his new sandals all day
my mom called him "jesus"
at the end of the day they were hanging off the reclined lazy boy foot rest attached to very white feet

so my mom and dad's new saying is "sorry ass"
apparently my uncle uses it and refers to others as "sorry asses" and they think it is funny

when i spoke with my dad early sunday morning he had already been out to genardi's in the new sandals and says "hey chris i saw some sorry asses wearing socks and sneakers"

4 Comments:

Blogger akjn westside said...

love your dad...AND Boots! they are pure comedy!

props on getting hime to do the sandals/no socks....I was never successful with my dad on that one :)

get your sorry azz out here!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Call geek Ted for all your computer problems from here on out.....

5:39 PM  
Blogger akjn westside said...

geeks are cool....I love mine :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

wow....that's harsh MofC.....why don't you and CNN do the deed and remove all the heated, pent-up sexual tension between you two...it's starting to spill over in to the blogesphere....

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home