Thursday, August 11, 2005

mr. cab driver

the fugitives in ohio were captured thanks to the cabbie's tip to police
mr. cab driver said his suspicions were aroused when they didn't try to aggressively recruit him after telling him they were amway salespeople

"you know amway people are all about amway, and when they didn't try any conversation further about it, that's when i pretty much thought, well, they're not with amway"


"would you like to try the amway satinique hair care system today?"

i grew up across the street from a cult-like "scamway" distributer couple who were always trying to push products onto my mom
they would bang on our front door with carpet cleaners, buckets, and "new" products and we would turn off the lights and hide (both cars parked out front)
a few years later i started babysitting for the amway couple's infant son and they would pay me in amway products...soaps, cleansers...some were even opened and possibly used
my mom would send me back to their home for "cash only" which i wasn't assertive enough to request so i would ask to "exchange" my products
i would end up coming home with burgandy nailpolish from amway's new "artistry" line
they kept calling me to babysit during their "amway product-based business meetings"
i resigned and moved on to a very lucrative babysitting job across the street and got paid in lots of cash, wknds in longport nj, trips to st. thomas, and...marijuana

19 Comments:

Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Quite an interesting peak into the formative years of CNN.....oddly enough marijuana has incredible cleaning powers as well....speaking from experience, it cleaned PinF's memory from 1989-94....powerful stuff that kind bud.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, memories of your neighbor warm my heart-especially the flower show! I think my mom sold amway when I was little-that went away as soon as we moved to media from upper darby-thank goodness. jojo

9:21 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

That comment about PinF having his memory "cleaned" cracks me up.

Will we be getting action photo's from this weekend's festivities?????

PLEASE.

7:12 AM  
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

What comment? I don't remember making any comment?

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking about J-Bird? Yo PIF I think Packy's has more to do with your memory issues!!

8:18 AM  
Blogger cns said...

i'm not goin anywhere this wknd
how bout action photos from your wknd in red light district with hursty?

8:20 AM  
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

What memory issues...what are you all going on about?

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have some pics from the red light district in Hamburg...akjn

2:01 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

You're not allowed to take pictures in the redlight distict in A'dam, very bad.

I do have some picture of Hursty and myself in the "love pad" as you like to refer to it. That didn't come out right.....I assure you we are both fully dressed.

For 20 euros's, maybe we will flash a little skin though.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

When is your birthday trip to Florida, I thought it was this weekend???

5:52 AM  
Blogger cns said...

i leave wed. 8/24
2 others r now going....crazy man

8:19 AM  
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 AM  
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

statistically the "height" of hurricane season......

11:46 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Speaking of hurricanes, I think one just blew through my body last weekend.

It was Hurricane Hursty...

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck what happens in "Holeland", stays in Holeland....you know this. Spare us please. You no that sort of stuff isn't cool in CR. FYI

7:24 AM  
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

I don't know why that came up anonymous...andyway it was my observation Chuckieboy.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Am I allowed to say "I don't remember" in regards to everything that may or may not have happened over the past 4 days?

And why are we having this discussion on CNN's blog?

4:50 AM  
Blogger PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

You using the extra strength Marijuana cleaner over there?

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think CNN may need a little of that cleanser right about now?? luv ya, dln

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home